Monthly featured treatments are never from Bliss’ everyday menu, and are a great opportunity to focus on one aspect of a treatment you’re curious about. This treatment will ONLY be available for the month of May, 2017, and is otherwise included in the Full Back Treatment. Click here for full menu.
If you aren’t native to the west coast, odds are, the most exciting thing about this lifestyle is the accessibility of pools! From swimming (with sunblock before and after) to just hanging out by the pool reading (while not forgetting to reapply sunblock), a considerable amount of our summer plans involve bare shoulders.
But – are you ready?
Shoulders are out of sight, out of mind for us, and often neglected. There are several reasons they need some TLC.
- Sun Damage – Freckles are only but so cute. If you have overexposed your shoulders to the sun, it is time to start repairing that!
- Friction from clothing – after hiding in sweaters or even t-shirts all winter, the shoulders could be feeling pretty rough and dry. A shoulder treatment will offer a smoother, more tone-even appearance.
- Bacne – Some of us are just prone to acne, any and everywhere. Treating this will be different than how you care for the skin on your face.
- Working out – Your summer body is ready to go! Because all bodies are summer bodies. We are people, not bears. Sometimes, however, the sweat from working out can trigger breakouts on your back, shoulders, and chest.
- Chloracne – YES, the pool can actually cause you to break out more! Especially if you’ve ever swallowed pool water. I know it sounds gross but face it: if, as a kid, you didn’t leave the pool exhausted, starving, with knotted hair, a headache, and a tiny bit of chlorine in your belly, you just weren’t living life to the fullest.
These are just the most common reasons. Medications, reactions to detergents, abrasive body soaps – all of these can trigger body breakouts. We can take steps to remedy and prevent body skin issues, and work to maintain a healthy smooth skin tone.
This one hour treatment includes:
- Deep Cleansing
- Extractions (if necessary)
See you soon!
PS – For love’s sake…wear your sunblock!
Heat complainers: Sometimes, we feel the urge to complain about the heat. Okay, it’s me. I’m talking about me. When we do, just remember that in January 2017 our average temperature in Phoenix was 59 degrees. In Chicago, it was 29 degrees. Tell yourself (okay, tell me) to suck it up! Time to pay the piper.